So many families are honing their cooking skills at home during this season.
That can be a real source of fun and family bonding—as well as amazing future memories. To ensure the safety of everyone while you cook together, here are 7 tips to keep in mind:
- Wipe up all spills immediately and be sure to clean as you go; this means dishes, too!
- Always use a cutting board when chopping an ingredient—with plenty of adult supervision.
- Keep all saucepan and skillet handles turned toward the back of the stove.
- Keep potholders right next to the stove within easy reach.
- Always wash your hands, and pull your hair back before cooking.
- Keep all cabinets and cupboard drawers closed while in the kitchen.
- Work on one item at a time—and be sure to thoroughly cook pork, poultry, and beef.